- All volunteer work is unpaid
- All volunteers will be required to fill a volunteer contract
- For international volunteers, we charge a one time administration fee of $200. You will independently cover for your program costs
- Volunteers season is all year round
- Impact project options
- Projects based in and around Nairobi
- Accommodation is based in a secure local host family. If you would like other arrangements like hostels please let us know in advance for arrangements so that you are informed on what it will cost you
- The project can hold between 1 and 2 volunteers each month
- Program costs include airport transfers, accommodation, meals and 24/7 in-country support
- Safari weekend options available at extra fees(Please let us know in advance)
Volunteer Work At The Smile Community Centre Children’s Home Includes :
- Counseling the children and other community members
- Sitting and giving care to children
- Organizing youth rallies, sensitization and mobilization activities with our staff
- Being involved in writing proposals, maintaining children’s documents etc
- Campaigning for the organization through the internet or outdoor activities
- Training youth or teaching children at the children’s home
- Helping us in fund-raising activities
- Receiving visitors and showing them around
The above activities are not limited. If you have additional ideas for Smile Community Centre, you are free to tell them to us so that we can implement them.
Requirements For Volunteers
To volunteer for Smile Community Centre, it is necessary that you fulfill the following:
- Must have a minimum age of 17 or 18 years
- Know how to communicate with people
- Be a good facilitator
- Be a good listener for people with special needs
- Be patient
- Have basic information on HIV/AIDS with zero discrimination to those affected.
- Have great interest and passion for helping needy people
Volunteers From Overseas who would like to volunteer in Kenya
If you are a volunteer living outside Kenya, You are welcome to volunteer in Kenya and select smile community centre as your volunteer project. Kenyan people love visitors and apart from volunteer work , you can have an opportunity to learn Kenyan culture, Make Kenyan friends, see beautiful wild animals in the national parks and have fun in the sandy breaches while in Kenya. If you don’t have an idea of where to start, We encourage you to communicate to us early so that we can make arrangements for your stay during your planed volunteer period.
You should arrive in Kenya from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi City, where our staff will come to pick you. Volunteers can be accommodated in a family house or hostel in Nairobi 1-5 km to the project.
Please don’t forget to carry the following items :
- A mosquito net
- A torch or flash-light
- First-aid kit
- A sleeping bag
- Sandals,please carry durable shoes
- Sun screen cream
You can also purchase these items in Nairobi City. Volunteers are also encouraged to carry the following items for interacting with the local community: Photos for your country, food grown in your country, materials that represent culture, e.g. toys for kids, flags or any other items that you may find interesting.
So volunteer with us, please send us your application and all your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org ,or by delivering the application to the centre.