- To provide food, shelter and education for orphaned and vulnerable children.
- To raise awareness on HIV&AIDS , which has left so many children orphaned without parents, fight against stigma and discrimination.
- To offer training in hygiene, environmental management, skill and technical training.
- To offer counseling to specific interests (HBC etc.),medication & referral, food & nutrition support
- To create an environment where youth and the community at large understand the importance of proper nutrition and good health through home based care programs and feeding program.
- To promote prevention of mother to child HIV transmission and maternal newborn and child healthcare awareness trainings among young women to reduce infant mortality rates.
- To promote exchange programs between smile community and other organizations both local, national and international through facilitating capacity building, sharing of ideas and cultural experiences.
- To provide psychological support through counseling to the teenagers, youth and women.
- To promote and develop talent through sports and games.
- To advocate for human rights and the right to live positively.
Smile’s Strategic Long Term Objectives
We are looking forward to implement our long term plans as soon as we get sustainable donor funding as listed below.
Expanding our reach
Smile community aims at mobilizing more communities in various provinces in Kenya by opening more support especially rescue centres for orphaned and vulnerable children.